A jack of all trades, Jake is a public speaker, book author and our in-house AI expert. With a passion for innovative technologies, it is his awesome colleagues that makes him thrive at Axakon.
– I am a part of the team that creates the underlying UI components that are used by other developers. These are components such as buttons, dropdowns, text fields, and so on. We also provide mechanisms for features such as translations, text narration, navigation from one component to another, and more.
– Minecraft is a game with millions of players across the world with different needs and play styles, so we put a lot of care and effort into everything we do, ensuring proper accessibility. Furthermore, as Minecraft runs on tons of devices and is a living breathing game that continues to evolve, our code has to be maintainable and performant.
In short, I get to work together with incredibly talented, motivated, and funny colleagues on cool projects with exciting tech stacks.
– I was looking for a change and updated my LinkedIn job status to "casually searching." This opened the floodgates of recruiters. Tobias, our HR manager, stood out, as he sounded personal and down to earth. I got a very good impression of Axakon right away, as it's a culture-driven company with fun colleagues, lots of events, and little middle-management.
– The awesome colleagues!
– That proper communication is incredibly important.
– Have fun, never stop learning, and always keep an open mind.