Thomas has claimed a very special spot at Axakon as one of our only UX designers. While his design skills are top notch, he also excels at creating the best Client-Consultant relationships within his assignments. The best part of Axakon according to him? Its people.
– Yes, so I am a UX designer, which means that I design websites and apps. In other words I basically decide how they should look and behave. A big part of my job is to communicate this to clients and to the developers. I also work a lot with usability, meaning that when there is a button on a website, there is a reason why it is placed in a certain place and why it looks a certain way. It is a lot to juggle, but I enjoy it!
– Two or three years ago when I was doing my internship at Philips in the Netherlands, a close friend of mine, who used to work at Axakon as a designer, told me that they were hiring. So I applied, and before I even had moved back to Sweden I had a job at Axakon.
– What I realised when I was doing my internship at Philips, was that big corporations isn’t really my thing. In my work I really value freedom and being able to get input from any direction and I feel like there are much more opportunities for that in a small company. Also, consulting fits my way of working very well, simply because I like having shorter assignments and more than one assignment at the time.
– I’m going to be really cheesy and say that the best part of Axakon is the people that work here, and all of the fun that we have when we all get together to hang out. I also like the fact that we are actively working against hierarchies within the company, that there is transparency and that we keep a very open dialogue. There is something in that mix, that I find very appealing.
– My biggest lesson is probably that I learned that as long as you try your best, it is good enough. And that it is important to maintain your health and take care of yourself. There is tremendous support in that from the company. Axakon really prioritizes our health over money and income, because the important thing is that we are feeling alright.
– I would say, come by for an after work and see if you like it.